On April 28, 1909, the North Congregational Society (1768), Whitefield Church (1850), and Prospect Church (1793) united as one congregaton to form Central Congregational Church.
In 1862 we dedicated the new Hook Organ (opus 310).
On March 9, 1860, we changed our name from the Third Religious Society to North Congregational Church.
The new building was completed and dedicated in March 1827.
The congregation established a committee to prepare the new building. The old building was demolished. A crowd gathered in Brown Square to watch the removal of the steeple. Construction began on the new brick building.
The congregation purchased land on a private way (today’s Titcomb Street). They built the first building facing the river. It was made of wood with a steeple.